Emergency & Professional Medical
From minor cuts to deep puncture, stabbing and gunshot wounds, Celox stops bleeding fast. Celox has proven extremely effective in emergency wound management and gives you control over a crisis.
Celox can stop femoral artery bleeding with 3 minutes compression and stop minor bleeding in seconds. Even when mixed with a massive amount of blood, Celox forms
a gel like clot in an average of 30 seconds.
Internationally Celox is used extensively in emergency situations
Celox is used worldwide:
- in hospitals and medical centres
- by fire and police departments
- by the military in many countries including the UK and US defence forces
- in warzones
Recently, after a thorough review of all available technologies, the UK Ministry of Defence has chosen Celox Gauze as its haemostatic agent for emergency wound care in warzones.
Celox works independently of blood clotting factors
Celox’s hemostatic technology works independently of blood clotting factors. Even if blood contains Coumadin, Heparin or Warfarin (blood thinning medication), or is hypothermic (cold) it will still clot with Celox.
A natural product with an excellent safety profile
- is made using natural materials with a substantial history of use in contact with blood and tissue
- does not use dispersing procoagulatant clay minerals which are not bioabsorbable such as smectite & kaolin
- does not generate heat, and therefore gives no risk of burning
- only clots the blood it comes into contact with and so does not initiate a wider or more generalised clotting response.
- is broken down in the body by lysozyme, a human enzyme, to leave glucosamine, a sugar which
- is normally found in the body.